Not much gets me quite as excited on a day to day basis as the holiday season. Despite the freezing temperatures and lack of sufficient daylight hours, the holidays brighten these first winter months with festivities and the promise of time off with the family. Every year I try to soak up as much of the season as possible before it’s over all too soon. Especially in New York, there are so many exciting events and opportunities during this time. Here is my seasonal bucket list, intended to ensure I don’t miss out on a single spare moment of the holiday season.
- See the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular
- Attend Santacon
- Visit as many Manhattan Christmas trees as possible
- Have a Ralph’s hot chocolate at Rockefeller
- Watch the Sak’s light show
- Shop and eat at the Bryant Park markets
- Spend an evening watching Christmas movies
- Walk around the park in the snow, weather willing
- Visit the Detroit Christmas markets
- Walk around Campus Martius and see the lights
- Check mark here, we went over Thanksgiving!
- Check everybody off my Christmas list and wrap presents early
- Bake a holiday recipe
Here’s hoping I made it easy enough to check each of these off before the end of the month!